The Financial Controller establishes and maintains the organization’s overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies. Leads and directs an organization’s accounting functions. Being a Financial Controller presents findings and recommendations to management. Directs all analysis and reporting of financial information including budgets, planning, and required filings and reports. In addition, Financial Controller requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Typically requires CPA.Typically reports to Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The Financial Controller manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Financial Controller Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Financial Controller to join our team.
- VAT & TAX;
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of monthly management results;
- Ensure the budget/forecast processes in terms of updating corporate schedules and systems are performed timeously;
- Petty cash managing and reconciling;
- Ensuring compliance of Group level IFRS regulations;
- To gather necessary information for the preparation of listing;
- Review annual audited financial statements;
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance;
- Ensure compliance of internal control process in accordance with the Company procedures;
- Preparation of management reports, financial statements and other financial related reports and correspondence;
- Monthly management meetings to discuss performance of cluster;
- Financial process improvement and controls effectiveness;
- Preparation of information for and execution of monthly invoicing cycle and reconciliations;
- Define, review, refine cost drivers for appropriate cost allocation models.
- Valid Drivers license;
- 6-18 months post article experience;
- Proactive communicator;
- 3 – 5 years in Controlling at a large corporate;
- Minimum 5 years management accounting and costing experience;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process;
- Should possess strong Financial knowledge;
- Well-developed communication (verbal and written) and strong influencing skills at multiple levels;
- Fluent in English & French, Spanish is beneficial;
- Must be a self-starter with a desire to promote and implement continuous improvement endeavours;
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience plus CA / CPA qualification;
- Deadline and target driven;
- Microsoft Excel;
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills.